Saturday 11 January 2014

Finally a cowl for me!

First project of 2014 in the bag!



I've made a fair few cowls in my knitting life, but the ones I've really liked have been made as gifts. This is probably because I tend to knit exciting, challenging designs for myself, but at the end of the day all I want in a cowl is some moss stitch squishiness.

So now I have a cowl in moss stitch. And oh yes, it's squishy!



The yarn is Rowan Purelife Boucle, a gift from my lovely Grandma who takes me to run wild in the John Lewis sale every Christmas break. I found this a really interesting yarn- perhaps mistakenly I've always associated boucle with the novelty end of the fibre spectrum, but this is quality stuff! It's soft but pleasingly rustic in texture, a lovely undyed colour, and smells like sheep. Sheep smell good! The different colours come from different sheep breeds, with my light brown being Masham.

I'm not sure if the finished cowl is super cute or super ugly, but I do know that I love it! I'm going to be rare and cosy for the rest of the never-ending British winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment